Minimum Wage Rates
The minimum wage rate for Belize is BZ $ 3.30 per hour for all category of workers. The new minimum wage rate became effective on 26th May 2012.
1) Valid Passport —- Copy of Bio Data Stamped on all pages.
2) Application Form (Angelus Press or Local Book Store) (ALL applicable sections must be completed)
3) Three (3) recent passport size photographs
4) Valid Police Record
5) Treasury Receipt of $25.00 Administration Fee, $20.00 worth of Postage Stamps (Post Office or Treasury Receipt)
6) Three Job Advertisement clippings from local newspaper (Not applicable for Self-Employment)
7) Bank Statement (For Self-Employment)
8) Trade License (Issued by Town Council or City Council).
9) Letter of Intent to employ from Employer
10) Registration Certificate (COMPANIES—ORGANIZATIONS), Land Title (FARMING)
11) Qualifications— Diplomas, Certificates etc – Certified by the Labour Officer.
12) Recommendation Letter/ Letter of Support — from relevant Ministry or Local Organization concerned with category of employment involved. E.g. Ministry of Tourism or Ministry of Education, Village Council, Relevant Association, Religious Denomination, Applications in respect to Companies Documentary Evidence of Incorporation and Old Company Tract Record, BELTRAIDE and EPZ Committee Etc.
APPLICATIONS ON OTHER GROUNDS
(1) Grounds on Longevity —– Documentary evidence of legal entry.
(2) Grounds of Family Relations —-Marriage Certificate and/ or a declaration witness by a commissioner of the Supreme Court for any person of Common Law relationship, Birth Certificate proof of Citizenship of Spouse (permanent Residence/ Nationality.
(3) Grounds of Special or Unique Qualifications —Documentary evidence of training and training proposal and for training Belizean counterparts.
Please allow 3-4 weeks for processing
PERSONS APPLYING FOR WORK PERMIT MUST BE PRESENT DURING INTERVIEW.
Application fees are as follows:
- Professional workers: Bz$2,000.00 (US$1,000)
- Technical workers: Bz$1000.00 (US$500)
- Self-employed workers: Bz$2,000.00(US$1,000)
- General Workers Bz$500.00(US$250)
For Further Information Contact:
Departments of Immigration & Nationality
Work Permit Clerk/Permanent Residency
City of Belmopan
Cayo District, Belize
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com