EXPO BELIZE MARKET PLACE 2018
SEPTEMBER 15TH & 16TH 2018
EXPO Belize Market Place 2018 is organized by the Belize Chamber of Commerce & Industry (BCCI) located on 4792 Coney Drive, 1st Floor WithField Tower, Belize City, Belize.
EXPO Belize Market Place 2018 (herein called “the EXPO”) will take place in Belize City (herein called the ‘EXPO Site”) on two consecutive days September 15TH & 16TH, 2018.
Application for Expo booth should be made by completing the application form and forwarding it to the Organizer. The Organizer shall review your application and reserves the right to decline your application. The Exhibitor will receive full confirmation of booth request via an email with the invoice attached. Reservation of booths are done on a first come basis.
The Exhibitor is held liable to clearly indicate in their application form what will be exhibited in their booth space. No illegitimate business transactions shall be allowed. The Organizer shall have the right to shut down any Exhibitor with suspicious illegitimate business activities. All rights of the Exhibitor hereunder shall cease and terminate.
Members of the BCCI who are not financial for the year 2018 must submit payment for the Membership Contribution before completing application for booth(s) to receive the member discount. Upon receipt of your invoice, a 50% deposit is required within two business days to fully secure the booth(s). The remainder of 50% payment is due by Friday, July 13th, 2018. Failure to provide payment shall cause the application to become null and void, which results in the booth being placed back into the general population to be sold. Applications submitted after Friday, July 13th, 2018 shall be accepted on a full payment basis and non-refundable condition. All cheques should be made payable to the Belize Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Thursday, Sept. 13th – Friday & Sept. 14th: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. –Setup time for Exhibitors ONLY. You are allowed to leave items in your booth ONLY on Friday, Sept 14th starting at 5:00 p.m. when security is provided. Please refer to the Security Rules below.
- Saturday, Sept. 15th: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon – Opening Ceremonies
- Saturday, Sept. 15th: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. – Exhibition halls open to the general public
- Sunday, Sept. 16th: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. – Exhibition halls open to the general public
- Monday, Sept. 17th: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon – Exhibitor SHALL remove all materials from the Expo Grounds by 12 noon. Any items not removed within the time frame, the Organizer shall not be held liable. Exhibitor will be billed for any additional hours that the security guard has to wait on you to hand over your items.
Please NOTE: Exhibition timetable is subject to alteration.
All exhibits must be fully set up by 8:00 p.m. on Friday, September 14th, 2018, and all exhibits must be open for business during exhibit hours. No dismantling or packing may be started before the show closes on Sunday, September 16th at 6:00 p.m. Cooperation on this point from all Exhibitors is requested. The Exhibitor has an obligation to ensure that these terms are not violated.
If you plan to sell liquor at the Expo please note that you need a Liquor license and also you must not sell the liquor in bottles, only in plastic cups.
All aisles and entrance doors shall be under the control of the Organizer. Exhibitors are asked to exhibit within the dimensions of their booth space. Promotional items, souvenirs or the handing out of any other literature may be done outside of your booth space, once it is NOT done in front of another exhibitor’s space or obstructs another exhibitor.
THERE SHALL BE NO PERMISSION given to Participants to have their own music system/music, box/DJ playing music at their booth. The Organizer shall provide adequate entertainment for such purpose.
The exhibitor shall be liable for any damage(s) in their booth area, which causes damage to the Expo Grounds.
Allocation of Space
In booth space allocation, priority shall in principle be given to the Exhibitors in order of application receipt and payment. No Exhibitor may sub-let or shares one allocated area with any other company or organization without the permission of the Organizer. The Organizer reserves the right in the event of unavoidable circumstances to change the layout of the exhibition or any part thereof without liability to the Organizer. Any Exhibitor affected by any possible change will be notified. It is advisable that you visit the actual space where your exhibit area will be located to ensure that you are satisfied with the location and the dimension of your booth.
Walls of the Booths
Booths are 8 feet in height. Commercial Booths will have metal pipes separation with plywood backings. Most booths are partitioned by long drape blue curtains. Any additional request shall come at a full cost to the Exhibitor. Additional requests must be submitted directly to the Organizer of which the cost shall be provided to the Exhibitor for approval before commencement of the request. There is to be absolutely no boring of holes on the indoor or outdoor booths. If the walls of the outdoor booths are painted or damaged in anyway the exhibitor shall be charged for the sheet of plywood damaged and it would become the property of the exhibitor.
If you will be requiring the use of internet or telephone lines in your booth space at Expo Belize, you will need to directly contact your telecommunications supplier.
Food Handling Certificate
If you will be handling food at your expo booth, you will need to have on hand a Food Handlers Certificateobtained from the nearest Public Health Department. Also Exhibitors cooking at their booth space shall have on hand a fire extinguisher.
If your company will be requiring a toilet for your own use, you are required to make your individual arrangements for the supply of a Chemical Toilet. There is a special area that is designed for private bathrooms away from the public ones. Kindly notify the organizer if you will be using this option.
The Exhibitor shall have its staff member(s) remain at its booth(s) during the Exhibition.
The Exhibitor shall take all steps to secure exhibits. The Organizer will provide:
1.) Suffice Security Guards to patrol exhibition areas Friday, Saturday & Sunday. On Friday it will be provided from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. the following Saturday morning for companies that wish to leave items in their booths. On Saturday and Sunday security will be provided from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m., the following morning on each day.
2.) Police presence will be obtained on Saturday & Sunday between 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Gates will be closed at 5:00 p.m. to the general public. Visitors will be allowed until 6 p.m. to visit the booths, especially considering those visitors who entered just before the gates were closed. At the end of the exhibition day at 6:00 p.m., the Exhibitor MUST SIGN over an inventory lists of items to the Chamber’s security guards who will be on hand to secure your booths. If you fail to sign over your list of items to the said security guard, the Organizer shall not be held responsible for any items that may go missing during the night.
If the Exhibitor has their own security personnel, it is not mandatory that he/she signs over their items into the care of the Chamber’s security guards. However, it is important that any Exhibitor who has contracted his/her own security guard reports the particulars of this arrangement to the Chamber’s security that will be on the grounds.
The security guards will sign over responsibility for the items that they were safeguarding during Friday, Saturday and Sunday night at or before 8 a.m. on the following morning. If you are not present to receive your items at 8 a.m., the Organizer shall not be held liable. Your company will be billed for the additional hours that the security guard has to wait on you to hand over your items. In this light it is very important that you are prompt so as not to incur any additional charges. The BCCI has the right to prohibit specific persons from entering the Exhibition area.
The Exhibitor and their employees must ensure they receive their complimentary entrance passes (4 per booth space) and vehicle pass (1 per company) and use such passes whenever entering the “EXPO Site”. If you need additional entrance passes, you will need to purchase tickets from the Chamber in advance to ensure a smooth process at the gate. Please note that we have very limited parking spaces and you will only be guaranteed a space based on a first come basis. The vehicle pass only admits the vehicle. The driver of the vehicle will need to have an entrance pass. If these Complimentary passes are forgotten, the Exhibitor and/or employees are required to purchase tickets to enter the grounds or retrieve the Complimentary passes from their place of business. In this light, PLEASE do not forget to bring your Complimentary passes. Complimentary passes are non-transferable and if transferred to or used by any party other than the individual to whom it was issued, it may be cancelled by the Organizer at the absolute discretion of the Organizer.
The cost to enter the EXPO is $5 for Adults and $3 for children. We deem the age range for children to be between 2 and 11 years of age.
Refer to the above Security rules.
Installation and Restoration
The Exhibitor shall decorate its booth and bring the exhibits within the period permitted. When the Exhibition is completed, the Exhibitor SHALL remove its materials and restore the Exhibition area to its original condition within the period stipulated by the Organizer. Any merchandise or other property left at the EXPO Site beyond the specified time shall be removed, and the Exhibitor will be charged. The Exhibitor SHALL comply with all requirements of the Organizer applicable to receiving, set-up, dismantling and removal of their exhibits. The Exhibitor must be cognizant of the security rules when planning to leave any items in their booth space during the setup, exhibition or takedown period. The Organizer is not held liable for incidents outside the Security rules.
It is important that TRAFFIC RULES are obeyed, specifically as it relates to the last day of the EXPO when all Exhibitors are eager to dismantle their booths and leave the Expo Compound. Trucks/vehicles cannot be brought in to assist with transporting merchandise etc. until after the grounds have been closed at 6 p.m. This is for the safety of those visitors/pedestrians still making their way out of the grounds. Trucks/vehicles will not be permitted to park in the middle of the street or block other Exhibitors from transporting their merchandise, as it will create a bottle neck situation for other Exhibitors. All trucks/vehicles need to park on the side of the street in STRONG CONSIDERATION of other Exhibitors.
As the organizers, our responsibility is for the safety of all our Exhibitors and visitors at the show grounds. The following safety rules based on the best recommendations of the Belize Electricity Ltd. SHALL be adhered to on the exhibition days:
1) Only weather resistant heavy gauge extension cords marked “for outdoor use” SHALL be allowed.
2) All outdoor extension cords must be kept away from standing water.
3) Use only three-wire extension cords for appliances with three-prong plugs.
4) Three or more appliances SHALL not be allowed in one socket. Don’t overload cords by plugging in appliances that draw a total of more watts than the rating of the cord. This is very important as overloading the extension cords or sockets can result in the electrical system to trip and cause temporary power outage.
5) Cracked or worn extension cords SHALL not be allowed.
Please take this opportunity to review the amount of electrical outlets that you have requested and the appliances you plan to run on them. As the Organizers of the event, we reserve the right to cut power supply to any Exhibitor that does not adhere to the safety rules.
Please assist us to have a safe EXPO.
In case of cancellation of application, the BCCI must be informed before or on Friday, July 13th, 2018. If notice of cancellation is submitted before or on Friday, July 13th, the Exhibitor is liable to pay a cancellation fee of 50% of the space rental under this contract. Any sums paid in excess of the above cancellation charges will be refunded by the Organizer. Cancellations submitted after Friday, July 13th is non-refundable. In the event that the exhibitor fails to make payment or comply in any respect with the terms of this contract, the Organizer reserves the right to cancel this contract without notice, and all rights of the Exhibitor hereunder shall cease and terminate. Any payment made by the Exhibitor on account hereof will be retained by the Organizer as liquidated damages for breach of the contract, and the Organizer may thereupon re-rent said space. Failure to appear at the event does not release the Exhibitor from responsibility for payment of the full cost of the space rented and interest will be charged on outstanding balances.
The Organizer does not offer exclusivity for any exhibitors’ products or services, nor guarantees that the Exhibitor will not be placed adjacent to a competitor even though efforts will be made to avoid this.
The Exhibitor shall indemnify and hold the Organizer harmless from any damages, loses or liabilities resulting from any claims, demands, suits or other actions based on or arising out of the Exhibitor’s occupation or use of exhibit space or its installation, operation, or removal of exhibits, including but not limited to all claims and demands of Exhibitors or any third party including any of, their agents, employees, representatives, customers, and guests for injury to person or property arising by virtue of any occurrence in the exhibit space or Show Site or in the parking areas in proximity to the Show Site during the term of this Contract, as well as any period during which the Exhibitor is moving into or out of the Show Site. The Exhibitor shall observe and abide by additional regulations made by the Organizer for the efficient, safe operation or success of the Show and such additional regulations shall be at the sole discretion of the Organizer. Any exhibitor who violates any of the above terms and conditions is subject to being refused further participation in this show or any other show managed by the Organizer in the future.
In the event of a natural disaster, fire, government regulations, public catastrophe or other cause beyond the control of the Organizer, the Show or any part hereof is prevented from being held, is cancelled and any refund or exhibit fees to the exhibitor shall be at the discretion of the Organizers after cost. Such refund if given shall be a proportionate share of the balance of the aggregate exhibit fees received, which remains after deducting expense incurred by the Show and reasonable compensation to the Show, but in no case shall the amount of refund to the exhibitor exceed the amount of exhibit fee paid. Exhibitor shall not have any right to an accounting review or audit of the financial records of the show.
The contract, together with all of its attachments, constitutes the complete agreement between the Organizer and the Exhibitor. This contract supersedes all previous or contemporaneous negotiations, arrangements, agreements or understandings, if any, between the Organizer and the Exhibitor with respect to the subject matter of this contract. No modification of this contract shall be valid unless approved in writing by the Organizer. The acknowledgement by the Organizer of the receipt of the Application form duly completed and returned with the appropriate deposit will form a Contract between the Exhibitor and the Organizer.
NOTE: This contract is an integral part of application for Exhibit Space. The Exhibitors shall observe the regulations (rules and policies) of the Show. In the best interest of the Show, the Belize Chamber of Commerce & Industry (BCCI) has the full power to enforce all rules and regulations.
- Booth space is limited to 6 (six) booths per company; an exception may be made on a case by case basis. Booths not paid in full by Friday, July 13th, 2018 will be cancelled.
- 50% of the total booth rental charges plus tax must be paid within 2 business days of receiving invoice for application. Failure to provide payment shall cause the application to become null and void. All checks should be made payable to the Belize Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Members are companies that are financial as of the current year 2018. The Exhibitor is held liable to clearly indicate in their application form what will be exhibited in their booth space. No illegitimate business transactions shall be allowed. The Organizer shall have the right to shut down any Exhibitor with suspicious illegitimate business activities. All rights of the Exhibitor hereunder shall cease and terminate
- The Exhibitor and their employees must ensure that they receive their complimentary entrance passes (4 per booth space) and vehicle pass (1 per company) and use such passes whenever entering the “EXPO Site”. Please note that we have very limited parking spaces and you will only be guaranteed a space based on a first come basis. If these Complimentary passes are forgotten, the Exhibitor and/or employees are required to purchase tickets to enter the grounds or retrieve the Complimentary passes from their place of business. In this light, PLEASE do not forget to bring your Complimentary passes. Complimentary passes are non-transferable and if transferred to or used by any party other than the individual to whom it was issued, it may be cancelled by the Organizer at the absolute discretion of the Organizer.
- If notice of cancellation is submitted before or on Friday, July 13th, 2018, the Exhibitor is liable to pay a cancellation fee of 50% of the space rental under this contract.
- If notice of cancellation is submitted after Friday, July 13th, 2018 booth cost is non-refundable.
- This contract is an integral part of application for Exhibit Space. The Exhibitors shall observe the regulations of the Show. In the best interest of the Show, the Belize Chamber of Commerce & Industry (BCCI) has the full power to enforce all rules and regulations.