Greetings from the Ministry of Investment, Trade and Commerce, BELTRAIDE, the Economic Development Council, the Customs Department and our partners!
We Cordially invite you to attend the
MSME Enhancement Program Sensitization and Registration Session
in your District!
THE MSME Enhancement Program (MEP) Sensitization and Registration Roadshow
The successful launch of the MEP was held on Wednesday, May 29, 2019 at the Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel, Belize City. The MEP seeks to strengthen the competitiveness of Belize’s MSMEs through the waiver of CUSTOMS IMPORT DUTY, for a list of packaging and labeling materials for eligible MSMEs. The Ministry of Investment, Trade and Commerce along with its partners, will be traveling across the country to sensitize small businesses about the benefits of the program, and the application and registration process for qualified MSMEs on the following dates:
Wednesday July 10th:
San Pedro Town Hall 9:00 AM
Belize City ITVET Dining Room 2:00 PM
Friday July 12th:
Corozal District at 9:00 AM (Town Council)
Orange Walk District at 2:00 PM (Town Council)
Monday July 22nd
San Ignacio Town Hall 9:00 AM
Belmopan City Civic Center 2:00 PM
Wednesday July 24th
Punta Gorda Town Hall 9:00 AM
Wednesday July 31st
Dangriga Town Hall 9:00 AM
THE REGISTRATION PROCESS
For MSMEs who are prepared to register please bring the following documents along:
– An original or certified copy of the Certificate of Registration or Certificate of Incorporation from the Belize Companies and Corporate Affairs Registry.
– A valid Belize Social Security Card or Passport of the applicant.
– Proof of registration as an employer or self-employed person with the Belize Social Security Board.
– Official letter from the General Sales Tax (GST) Department, indicating registered Importer’s Tax Identification Number (TIN).
– A shortlist of intended packaging and/or labeling materials, with average quantity estimates by month, for the business operation.
Please note that the Belize Companies and Corporate Affairs Registry will be on site conducting Business Name Registration applications for those who need this service.
· Documents Required:
– A copy of valid Belize Social Security Card or Passport of the applicant.
– A recent utility bill (within 3 months)
– $25.00 application fee
*Application forms will be available on site
The MSME ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM (MEP) formerly known as the Conditional Duty Exemption (CDEM), seeks to strengthen the competitiveness of Belize’s Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), and fostering of exports, through the removal of Customs Import Duty (excluding Revenue Replacement Duty and Excise Duty), for a shortlist of packaging and labeling materials, specifically for eligible MSMEs.
The shortlist of packaging and labeling materials includes items such as, but not limited to, adhesives, plates, sheets, film, foil, tape, strip, boxes, cases, crates, spools, bobbins, stoppers, pallets, bags, jars, tanks, casks, drums, cans, staples, ribbons, bottles, lids, caps, labels, and packing or wrapping machine.
The stakeholders who are a part of this program include:
– Ministry of Investment, Trade and Commerce and BELTRAIDE
– Economic Development Council
– Belize Companies and Corporate Affairs Registry
– Belize Customs and Excise Department
– Customs Brokers Association
– General Sales Tax Department
We look forward to providing you with insights to capitalize on this strategic program geared towards your Business development.
For more information or to RSVP please contact Ms. Nancy Castillo, Administrative & Communication Officer via email@example.com or Ms. Monique Usher, Acting Manager, SBDCBelize, at 223-3195 or firstname.lastname@example.org