Marketing Your Business at the Expo
Want to gain an edge on your competition? Seize this marketing opportunity and advertise your booth at the EXPO Belize Market Place 2013 using signs, banners, or posters situated on the fence of the ITVET Facility on Freetown Road. This is a great location, since it is next to one of the main arteries of the city giving your business maximum exposure to pedestrians and drivers who will not be able to miss your sign.
Cost to rent a banner space on the fence in front of the ITVET Campus:
- A banner measuring 12' (width) by 4' (height) is $250 + GST per day.
- A banner measuring 15' (width) by 4' (height) is $300 + GST per day.
Cost to rent a vertical banner space in the grassy patches in the courtyard behind the Administration building:
- A vertical banner measuring 3' (width) by 8' (height) is $200 + GST per day.
* Please note that companies that are interested in advertising their service via a banner at the ITVET Facility will be required to sign a Banner Advertising Agreement insuring that there are no damages to ITVET's property due to installation of the banner and be responsible to personally put up the banner before the EXPO and take down the banner the Monday after the EXPO.
*EXPO Sponsors are given a preference of 2 days to determine their location for a banner at the ITVET Facility, afterwhich other companies/organizations can choose a location. If Sponsors do not choose a location within the time alloted, they lose the special "preference" given and their requests for specific locations for their banners will be treated on a "first come first serve" basis like the other participants.
Please note that the Chamber does install banners and if you want to place a banner on ITVET's fence, that will be your company's responsibility.
You are given permission to hand out your company flyers at the entrance of the EXPO before visitors purchase their tickets. In addition, you can give out your flyers within the EXPO ONLY within a Common Area - the courtyard behind the Administrative Building - so that each partcipant has a fair opportunity to sell and interact with visitors at their booth.
Sales Promotion Tips:
- Start a raffle two months before EXPO and encourage your customers to visit your booth at the EXPO where they will get a chance to win special prizes with the raffle tickets they filled out.
- Offer special discounts on the days of the expo that are good for one week after the event.
- Always smile and be personable with your customers.
- Revisit the importance of “hospitality” with your employees and dealing with difficult customers.
- Have a chair available for old customers who may want to sit down while pondering their purchase.
- Make sure your employees are well versed with product attributes. This will enable them to secure the sale.
- Have a mascot to attract customers to your booth.
- Print business cards for customers who may not be ready to purchase now, but will consider your business later.
- Create a data base for your customers, and email them reminders that you will be at the EXPO – send them flyers for your promotions.
- Arrange with the local radio stations to do a live raffle draw at your booth during the EXPO or arrange with them to interview your sales representatives live during the event – talking about what you offer etc.
- Stand out by having an attractive neat uniform.
- Have brochures available that gives customers information about your business – pictures of products or description of services.
- If you have commercials, bring a TV and show them to your customers.
- If your business has won awards, create wall paper out of them and hang them in your booth
- Print company name and logo on hand-held fans to give to customers. They will use it at the EXPO, and this will further advertise your business.
Please note, you are free to distribute your flyers at the entrance of the compound.
Please note that you are not allowed to hand out flyers in front of your neighbor’s booth.
Any sign that you hang within the actual compound or on the fence of the ITVET Facility without permission during the EXPO will need to be paid for on the day it is noticed.
Itinerant peddlers will not be allowed to enter the EXPO and sell their wares for free. If they are allowed to enter, this will be at the sole discretion of the EXPO Coordinator. The person in question will be required to pay 50% of the booth cost to participate in the EXPO. In addition, EXPO Management reserves the right to search kit bags/knapsacks that are brought into the EXPO grounds by itinerant peddlers. If they claim they will not sell their wares within the compound, they will have to leave their goods outside of the EXPO grounds before entering. If they refuse to do so, they will not be given entrance into the EXPO grounds.